Who doesn’t the love the smell of freshly baked bread? These delicious homemade rolls will melt in your mouth and will add a nice aroma to the house. They are great for any meal! You can stuff them before you bake them with bacon, eggs, and cheese or any of your favorite breakfast items for an easy and tasty breakfast. Or you could use them as a side dish for dinner.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 tbs warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 cups flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Add the milk, sugar, egg, salt, and 3 cups flour to the mixture; beat mixture until smooth.
- Beat in the butter and remaining flour until smooth. Do not knead.
- Place in greased bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down and divide in half.
- On a floured surface, roll each dough half into a 12″ circle.
- Cut each circle into 12 pie-shaped wedges.
- Beginning at wide side of roll, roll until you meet the small end. (It should look like a croissant)
- Place rolls point side down on greased baking sheet. Let rise for approximately 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and enjoy.
This all there is to it, these homemade rolls are great for the whole family.