There really isn’t to much to say about this dish but yummy! These homemade au gratin potatoes are perfect for any side dish. They will have your guest going back for seconds.
Homemade Au Gratin Potatoes
Cook Time – 1hr 30 mins
- 3 tbs. butter or margarine
- 3 tbs. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tbs pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 cups sliced potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Melt butter, stir in flour, salt, and pepper, until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, then bring to a boil until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add potatoes and onions.
- Grease 2 Qt baking dish, then add potatoe mixture.
- Bake at 350 F covered for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 – 40 mins